I've been thinking up a post about this guy, because, well, you know how it goes with a toddler. . . Time flies and in the midst of it all, I find myself getting anxious about all the details that I may not remember, and oh, I want to remember!
He likes to say "ba-back" when he will be coming back, or when he senses someone else will be coming back.
He has some hilariously precocious body language. Like, he will be watching something or someone intently, with his little arms crossed in front of his chest, like a little adult. Or, he will walk around casually, with both hands held carefully behind his lower back.
Some things he says that I want to remember are: "Gwamom" for Grandma and "Gwamop" for Grandpa; two words he says backwards are "ice" for side (when he want to nurse the other side or go inside or go outside) and "oosh" for shoes; he says "alright" with all the letters pronounced clearly; for woops! he says "woop!"
When he wants to play peek-a-boo, he says a quiet and drawn out "booooo" and then yells a quick "boo!" When he wants to sing and play an instrument, he cocks his head slightly and makes a sweet little sound. I think I may be the only one who knows what that means.
Since he signed, he is quite proficient at using hand gestures (and he's quite bossy) so he gestures and says "c'mon" and "wait" quite a bit.
When he first started saying his "ls" he multiplied them. So, he said, "Helulululo" and "Holulululy"etc.
He has always been very aware of how things are supposed to be and tends to like being proper. Way before he talked, he clearly told me to put toys away if they were left out. Now he says "back" and likes to help put things away. One time he carefully watched as a neighbor jumped off her scooter and ran off, and the scooter fell to the ground. He stood there staring at it awhile, as if contemplating what was the correct way to leave your scooter. A few seconds later, he got up off his little push bike, and knocked it over on its side before running off to catch up with the big kids. A couple of times since, he has very deliberately knocked his bike over when he's done riding it.
maybe it is from those few long days we spent together, but i feel like i can really imagine all these things!
ReplyDeletei'm glad to record them for our sakes as well.
p.s. this is the first time i've been able to leave a comment in days...blogger has not been good to me.