7/14/10

Yard Camping

One day I went outside, and heard G-Bear saying to someone passing by, ". . . and I'm going to go tell my mom all about it."  The woman said, "I think that's a very good idea!"  G-bear continued to inform me that she had discovered a mystery and in order to solve it, she would need to stay outside by herself for several days and several nights.  I said, "Well, that sounds like a fun thing to pretend."  She gave me a shocked, offended looked and with a shame-on-you tone of voice said, "Mama, this is a very serious matter.  This is NOT pretend!"  So, eventually, we satisfied her by promising that the next weekend we would all sleep outside in the tent.  That night was movie night, so with the computer and the electric fan, it didn't really feel like camping, but it was fun.  We watched Mist in the tent, which was a great movie.  It was nice to fall asleep listening to the outside sounds of our new backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment