This week, G-bear is in Safety Town, a day camp for kids going into kindergarten, where they learn about all types of safety rules. This is a milestone for us. Without doing preschool, this was her first experience away from home. The first day was emotional for all of us. Moo had a firm hold of G-bear's hand the whole way there, quietly offering her words of comfort. G-bear is attached to the idea of the Kissing Hand, and talks often about how this will help her in kindergarten. Just as we were nearing G-bear's room at Safety Town, Moo took her hand and kissed the palm. G-bear smiled, but said, "I don't need your kiss on my hand. I already have it in my heart." The second day, G-bear came marching out with one of her very excited looks and said, "I had a GREAT time!" This girl has some very infectious enthusiasm. Sometimes I think everyone in the world deserves a dose of her energy.

Isn't she so DEAR!
ReplyDelete