5/1/12

Guitar concert

It was beautiful tonight, despite the hurdles we jumped to get there and be there (Moo throwing up in the parking garage, Bug peeing on the lobby floor).  There were literally hundreds of beautiful children playing beautiful music in a beautiful auditorium.  We saw violins, violas, cellos, basses, flutes, and guitars, and pianos.

G-bear and I still periodically have the conversation that goes something like this: "Mama, when I said I wanted to learn guitar, I meant, like rock-and-roll." "Well, that's fine for later, but this kind of guitar learning will help you to be a really great rock-and-roll player."

In these moments, though, she is proud of what she has learned, and to be a part of it all.  She loves being surrounded by her friends and watching other friends from the audience.  When I mentioned the emotion I feel when she recognizes this, a friend (who seems to have verses of beauty readily available in his memory) quoted Frost, saying:


She is as in a field, a silken tent...
strictly held by none, is loosely bound
by countless silken ties of love and thought



2 comments:

  1. Sounds so lovely... How special to play in such a beautiful hall!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, "loosely bound" is an apt phrase to describe her.

    ReplyDelete