5/1/12

Tooth

Yes, this is about a lost tooth.  Not a first, but a second is apparently just about as exciting.  But there's something else I want to remember about this.  When G-bear was a baby, she felt her emotions very strongly (just as she does now).  I remember when she was in the little baby carrier, and she would kick her two legs simultaneously either for sheer joy or for undeniable anger.  As she grew, and learned to stand and to walk and to jump, jumping up and down enthusiastically was her way of expressing these emotions.  It was like she was that baby in the carrier, and someone had put her on the ground, and she jumped instead of kicked.

And now, yes, she still does.  When she's really mad, she jumps up and down.  When she's thrilled, the same.  The other day, when I walked up to school, I heard her voice calling, "Mama! Mama!" over the hill, and right towards me.  As soon as she was close enough not to be running, she jumped up and down.  I had already guessed it was the joy version.  "I lost a tooth!  I lost a tooth!"  Sure enough, tooth number 2 was in a tiny little treasure chest her teacher gave her.

Which reminds me, I don't know if I ever recorded the moment when G-bear lost her first tooth.  I'll just say that Mark and I were just beginning to sing a song in front of a bunch of people when it happened, and in the middle of the song, the lyrics go, "So much love in their little missing teeth!"


1 comment: