6/19/11

Ballet

I will admit that a lot of things about ballet make me cringe.  Before being a ballet parent, I associated ballet with rigidity, restriction, and body image issues.  There is a part of me that is still afraid that Moo may encounter some of those things, but I've learned that all I can do it take it as it comes.  So far, the ride has been a pleasure.  She has had teachers who are laid back and interested in fun and creativity.  She has loved it, and it has been a beautiful fit for her.  The grace, the quiet, and calm all match her in deep ways.  It's fun for her too.  She's interested in trying other kinds of dance, but never wants to stop ballet.  That's exactly how I was with music. . . all the way through college. I wanted to try other things, to even major in other things, but never could quite convince myself to stop studying music.  Maybe that's what a passion is.  

Moo's performance was beautiful.  She showed us the confidence that she has every time she has gone up on stage for a recital.  She clearly had a lot of fun, and was proud. 









3 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be so happy in something that you do! She is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for her!!! Looks like she really enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete