I remember when Moo was G-bear's age, I realized that how the day went depended highly upon her mood. At the time, I was slightly annoyed with this. If Moo was in a good mood, and tolerated her little sister well, the day went great. If Moo was crabby, it went on down the line until everyone was crabby. In hind sight, I have learned that this is one of the normal progressions of sibling relationships, and Moo should be free to have crabby days. She shouldn't be responsible for keeping everyone happy.
I see this now, with the two younger, who spend their mornings at home together. It's a little more severe (as are most things with this second, wonderfully spirited, child of mine) with G-bear. If she's in a good mood, and is feeling well and eating well, she is a wonderful, delightful little being to be around. She is helpful and kind and thoughtful. But, when she is not those things, she is really not, and, oh, the day does reflect that. Lately, I have been basking in a string of days of the former. She has been such a great big sister, and is learning to enjoy Bug more as he is more capable.
Here, they are enjoying Stella's crate. Their togetherness is the part that I noticed and loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment