G-bear loves Ponyo. Like many other stories, she has attached herself to the story, and has acted it out in many forms. She decided that she wanted the ocean to be a theme for her birthday weekend because of her love for Ponyo. It was great fun to have a picnic breakfast in the park with friends and family (oh, the joy of having family close by!!). The kids made some beautiful boats to float down the river, and they all got plenty soggy! The chime of satisfaction I was looking for, I found. It was in that moment when she told me it was her best birthday. This was what I wanted to hear, because putting on a party for the little ones is all about pleasing them. Sometimes, that is not an easy task, because the desires are vast!
What a sweet birthday party! So good to see photos of all of you!
ReplyDelete